PEREP_Analytics™ is no longer active. On 20th of June 2016 the "European Database Cooperative" (EDC) was launched. This new platform is set up to be jointly owned and operated by all associations in Europe.
For the first time, the industry benefits from a robust, comprehensive and non-commercial database which not only includes investment and fundraising data but, from 2017, will also incorporate performance and economic impact statistics.
The EDC database has multiple benefits for you as a contributor:
- Single point of data entry: If you are a member of several European associations you will no longer need to submit data through multiple platforms.
- Data integrity: A standardized methodology will support the creation of pan-European statistics that are comparable across regions and better represent national interests.
This will ensure that the most comprehensive insight of Europe's private equity and venture capital industry is available to inform fund managers, institutional investors, policymakers, regulators and other stakeholders as well as academic research.
- Governed by the associations: The EDC platform is jointly owned and operated and open to all private equity and venture capital associations across Europe. A separate legal entity (EDC GmbH) was setup under German law in which all associations are shareholders.
- Confidential and secure: Confidentiality remains of the utmost importance to the EDC and any data collected will be held to the same stringent security standards as in the past.
- Non-commercial: Statistics derived from the EDC platform are reported in aggregate to ensure anonymity and will not be used for commercial purposes.
- Comprehensive data will include:
- Activity Survey: Fund profile (strategy, geography, regulatory status), fundraising (investors by type and geography); investments in portfolio companies (geography, sectors, investment stage, equity or debt instruments, transaction value, syndication, co-investments);
divestments (exit routes, amount at cost)
- Performance Survey: Cash flows to and from investors (required to compute performance net of fees); types of cash flows between fund and portfolio companies and respective annual valuations.
- Economic Impact Survey: An annual update of active portfolio companies (employment, EBITDA, turnover and CAPEX).
In order to access the new platform please use the following link:
You should have received an email with your login details and steps on how to activate your account. In case you did not and you are a private equity firm (GP) making primarily direct investments and being based or investing in Europe, then please request a login by accessing the Get in Touch with us section.
You can learn more about the new platform including FAQ here
The EDC's general Terms & Conditions can be accessed here and apply equally to the data you submitted in the past and to future surveys.