PEREP_Analytics™ is a fully functional, centralized non-commercial pan-European private equity database with its own staff, internal resources and website where quantitative and qualitative data will be collected for bridging:
- the needs of all stakeholders of market approach statistics
- the need for accurate, consistent and timely data
- the need for timely specific ad hoc analyses and social and economic impact research
- the intrinsic private equity market evolution where cross-border transactions are becoming the norm rather than the exception
- the general needs of private equity statistics by international organizations, governments, investors, other stakeholders
All National and Regional Associations in Europe have been invited to join the European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EVCA) in this exercise. The vision is to turn PEREP_Analytics™ into the framework of a Private Equity Research Exchange Platform among cooperating national and regional associations and the EVCA where a triple-win scenario can be secured for members, national private equity associations and EVCA.
The on-line survey is accessible below. You should have received an email with your login and password. In case you did not and you are a private equity firm (GP) making primarily direct investments and being based or investing in Europe, then please request a login at info[at]perepanalytics[dot]eu. The survey aims to cover the full European private equity activity and is not restricted to the membership base of any of the cooperating associations.
An independent Governing Body has been set up to govern PEREP_Analytics™. Its overarching mandate is:
- Auditing the quality of the data
- Ensuring the adequacy of the methodology to the market needs and proposing modifications to it in order to reflect market changes
- Monitoring the compliance to the methodology by PEREP_Analytics™ software and analysts
- Defining robust processes of data collection, storage, processing and aggregation
Composition of the independent Governing Body:
- Chairman: Prof Christoph Kaserer - Chair of Financial Management and Capital Markets, Munich Technical University, Germany
- Prof Stefano Caselli - Professor of Banking and Finance, Bocconi University Milan, Italy
- Prof Philippe Desbrières - Professor of Business Administration at University de Bourgogne, France
- Bernard Felix - Eurostat, Luxembourg
- Prof Mario Levis - Professor of Finance and Associate Dean for MSc Programmes of Cass Business School, United Kingdom
- Prof Sophie Manigart - Professor of Corporate Finance, Ghent University, Belgium
- Prof Markku Maula - Professor of Venture Capital, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
- Prof Peter Roosenboom - Professor of Entrepreneurial Finance and Private Equity, RSM Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Sergey Sheshuryak - Partner, Adams Street Partners, United Kingdom
Agenda of the meetings of the independent Governing Body:
- 2 February 2009 - PEREP Election Committee decides on additional PEREP Governing Board members [download press release here]
- 18 June 2008 - third meeting on setting up the PEREP governance structure [download Bylaws here]
- 14 March 2008 - second meeting on setting up the priorities for 2008
- 27 February 2008 - first meeting on defining the full scope of activity of the Governing Body and its governance structure [download the paper here]
Any recommendations to improve PEREP_Analytics™ as a private equity data collection tool or as analyses delivered to the market should be sent to info[at]perepanalytics[dot]eu
Contributions to PEREP_Analytics™ are of prime importance to the European Private Equity industry, and here there are three more reasons why you should contribute:
Incentive Package to Contributors
- Slides with findings
Upon your submission of your activity data - fundraising, investments and divestments - to the PEREP_Analytics survey targeting private equity firms making direct investments from and/or into Europe, once the figures are aggregated for the reporting period, a ready-to-use PowerPoint presentation with main Pan-European findings for the period will be sent to you.
- Win a case of wine
Of the first 25 contributors to PEREP_Analytics of each reporting period, there will be a lottery and the five selected winners will receive each a case of wine as a reward for their diligence. The list of winners will be communicated each quarter in the slides with the findings circulated with all contributors.
- PDF of the European Section of the EVCA Year book
Offered to the market at a price, the PDF of the European section of the EVCA Yearbook - the most comprehensive EVCA publication on private equity activity statistics released annually will be sent to you on a complimentary basis if you have contributed all your yearly activity to PEREP_Analytics on a deal by deal basis.
How to get in touch with us:
Please select a country in the Choose a Country option below to get in contact with the analyst in charge of your country with any questions related to activity data collection via PEREP_Analytics™ and to assist you with the survey completion. Alternatively, once logged in, please click on Contact Us on the top right corner of the online survey.
Choose a Country:
|NVCA Contact||Phone||PEREP Analyst||Phone|
General questions can be sent to info[at]perepanalytics[dot]eu
The PEREP team is led by Dan Magirescu, Statistics Manager, Name.Surname@perepanalytics.eu, phone: +40-21-301.23.66, fax: +40-21-305.14.24